Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Spring??

Happy Valentine's Day! We celebrated this event in a non-event fashion by giving gifts early and taking advantage of free (second row!) seats at the Symphony on Saturday night. Kevin and I had a wonderful time--watching a piano concerto played from 10 feet away. It was really amazing. Kevin gave me these beautiful roses which are brightening our dining room.And here they are...the crocuses--our first sign of spring! They are bravely fluttering in the wind in the front yard heralding the arrival of warmer weather and the promise of longer days!
Here are our hyacinths also making a brave attempt from the square foot garden. They are multiplying each year, and I can't wait to smell their fragrance in the breeze.
The boys helped me transplant a rose bush yesterday. From behind I heard this little voice, "Caps! Caps for sale! Fifty cents a cap," and found Simeon with all the cones on his head mimicking the peddler in Caps for Sale. I really don't care for that book because I think it's weird, but it is a staunch favorite and I have read it many, many times.

No comments:

Post a Comment