Saturday, April 23, 2011

What do things look like around here?

I have been behind on the blog, so this one will get me up to speed. We finished the school year and did end-of-year testing this past month. The new curriculum has been ordered and we'll begin again either late May, or in June. In our "wrapping up" of the year, we've done a few fieldtrips and other year end activities. We also managed to squeeze in a visit with our friend, Annie. We had a delightful time at a park near her house.The square foot garden is also going gung-ho. In this square there are 3 kinds of lettuce and potatoes. There was a hyacinth in the right hand corner, a first appearer in the spring ;0)
This square has a lot of green beans: bush and pole. There's a cherry tomato in the back left cane and a zucchini in the right cane. There's also a random potato growing from the compost my mom brought to me from her composter! The girls planted some annuals as well for a little color.
This bed has 3 tomato plants, and summer squash. In the very front of the picture is a crazy bee balm plant from last summer. It appeared again this year, but if I don't see some flowers soon, it's outta here! My rosemary bush survived the winter, and after a good trimming seems to be doing well.
This is our strawberry patch! It is laden with fruit...very small fruit! I'm hoping that they will actually mature into real berries, otherwise it's a huge waste of space. I also have basil, pineapple sage and curly parsley in there.
I love my garden! Seriously, I get a lot of joy by checking on things, pulling out the weeds, picking lettuce for my family. It's the best 10 square feet around!

No comments:

Post a Comment