Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Update...no photos

Sorry, no photos, hence a boring update ;0) I just haven't been taking out the camera as frequently, but really should since we received a very nice new one for Christmas. I think I'm scared I'll break it or something!
We finished school last Friday for our 3 (or 4) week break. It will be 3 or 4 weeks depending on a few upcoming details. What have we been doing? Well, the kids have made a number of kites out of yarn and bags from Walmart. It was pretty cute to watch as Abigail and Philip ran around the yard trying to get them launched. And, they've been fort-building: an old stand-by activity. Lydia and I went for her weekly piano lesson today, so we'll be still practicing that while on break. Abigail started lessons as well a couple of weeks ago. I'm the teacher for both girls. Friday we have our art co-op class. My mom made Philip a stuffed, fabric, boxing glove today. He was very proud to give all the neighbor boys (who asked) a punch to the tummy. The weather was unseasonably warm today so Lydia and I dumped in a bunch of new dirt and some peat into our square foot garden. It looks nice and black and ready for stuff to grow in it. I'm reading about growing sweet potatoes. As my friend, Christin, told me: Yes, I'm sure everybody just KNEW how to do this stuff "back then" and nowadays we have to look it up. True, true! So, I'm thinking about that. But that's about it for now! Nothing extraordinary, marvelous, or novel--just rejoicing in the daily blessings of good health, strength and life together!

1 comment: