Friday, January 4, 2013

January begins

We've been on vacation from school, and currently the kids are on vacation from home (spending a couple of days with my parents).  This has afforded me time to get the bathrooms to hospital-grade clean, scrub out stains from their bedroom carpets, dispose of small items of trash from their rooms and clean their desks in preparation for school to begin again on Monday.  The weather has been pretty miserable and their usual outside time has been truncated.  The other neighbor children have gone back to school and that has left them at a little bit of a loose end, so I'm thankful we return to routine on Monday.


We forgot to make a gingerbread house before Christmas, so by the time we remembered they were $2.00 at Aldi. They were most excited that not only were they able to make it, but they could eat it the next day.  Usually we keep it around as a decoration and have had to use a hammer to finally crack the inedible, fossilized remains!







Reading through the Bible.  This year I am re-committing to reading through the Bible in a year.  I have committed to this several times before and never done it consistently.  This time, I should be able to do it as a nice-voiced man reads me the daily selections on my iPod.  I mean, really, I should be able to do this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment