Thursday, March 28, 2013

Knox Morgan

Well, he's here ;0)  Praise God for a very smooth and straightforward 6 hour labor and delivery.  Amy, I wasn't able to get in a whole book to read, but I did listen to a sermon on the iPod during labor.  It was actually a really good time to listen--very few interruptions!
Knox weighed 8lb 3oz--our tiniest baby!! He's so small--and I'm really thankful for even that detail.  I always wondered what it was like to hold our babies when there were in the 7lb range, and I was a little sad that I would never know.  But, here we are--holding our (as of today) 7lb 14 oz. baby.  He's so beautifully tiny!
About an hour after he was born (and we were still in the very hmmm. "getting cleaned up" phase, shall we say) the children all arrived to meet their baby brother!  He was not yet bathed, and had on no clothing!  But, they were so excited to meet him.  They each took turns speaking so quietly and gently to him, and just loving him.  It was wonderful to see, and to just appreciate how blessed we really are.  I know they really love him.
We came home from the hospital on Tuesday afternoon.  My parents have been fantastic--my mom has been basically running the ship and I even caught a 3-hour nap this morning.  Nights have been a little rough as that's the time he's most awake.  But, I'm thankful that each day I feel a little stronger physically and less emotionally volatile!  So, here are some pictures of his earliest moments.



Here I am at 6 a.m.--ready to go!

 Here we are at 1:55 p.m.--glad it is all over!
 Proud papa!
 Well-intentioned little big brothers.
 Handling the baby like a pro!
 I think these two are going to look very similar.
 This image is slightly distorted, because it doesn't reflect his true handsomeness ;0)
And some people always manage to find a snack--even in a hospital room!

1 comment:

  1. Terrific pictures. I love how they tell the story! And he is adorable!

    ReplyDelete