Monday, August 23, 2010

Blog Delinquent!

The rest of our break whizzed by and I didn't have time to blog it all down. So, here's the recap of weeks 2 and 3 of our break.
We met our friends, Amy, Joshua, Emma and baby Sophia for a very hot picnic at a local park in between theirs and our science classes. Philip is now taking a monthly intro to science class which I began attending when Lydia was 4. We're sort of veterans at that place! Our lunch was interrupted several times by some overly-tame and overly-confident ducks who were seeking a bite of our lunch. The children chased them several times and Philip took great delight in following Joshua's lead by calling them "scaredy-cats" as he ran at them with a long stick. NOT the most eco-enviro-friendly move in a county park. Then he tried to explain to our VERY enviro-friendly teacher how he had chased away the scaredy cats (never once using the word duck) with a big stick--he explained so much that she was thoroughly confused by the end. The mark of a good lawyer in the making.
We also visited with our friends Christin, Oakley, Charlie and Coleman in their urban oasis in downtown Raleigh. I love their beautifully designed home and the peaceful back yard. We were able to spend a few minutes playing outside until it just became brutally hot and buggy. The children played well together and we moms were able to chat about some more grownup topics. I always enjoy my visit to their home as Christin challenges my thinking and encourages me to greater personal godliness. I am very thankful for all the Christian friends God has placed around me. Our breaks from school permit me that time to "come up for air", visit with friends and be reminded of a bigger picture than my own tiny world!
Later that day we went to cousin Nathan's birthday bash! The birthday party featured a 30' inflated slip-n-slide with water jets which doused you as you ran, jumped up on the thing and slid the length of it. Sorry for the lack of pictures--not well planned on my part! That, combined with their own pool, lots of food and fireworks made for a great party!

No comments:

Post a Comment