Saturday, September 11, 2010

Anniversary Trip



Today is our 11th wedding anniversary. 11th on the 11th. Last weekend my parents very generously offered to keep the children so that we could get away for a night. We chose to go to Wilmington, NC as it's the closest coastline we could get to! Above is a few of the river which runs through Wilmington (I think it's the Cape Fear) and a dinner cruise boat going along as well as a US Coast Guard ship stationed there.
When we arrived, we went to Wrightsville Beach for dinner at the Dockside. It is right on the intracoastal waterway so boats pull up to the dock at the restaurant. It's fun to watch. Kevin perused the menu, but his mind was quickly made up with shrimp and grits.
He's acting like he's thinking about it!
The next morning we went for a run together and then out for breakfast at a fantastic local spot called the Dixie Grill. I had a wonderful Farmer's Market omelette with lots of fresh veggies in it. Kevin had grits ;0) My poor Southern husband with his Yankee wife misses out on a lot! Then we headed over to Carolina Beach and literally hung out on the beach for the day. The weather was perfect and we were really able to relax.
It was great to come home and be greeted with lots of hugs and kisses from our children. My parents were a little tired, but still cheery! We were very grateful for this trip away.
This week I was diagnosed with pneumonia (something brewing for the previous 10 days) so I have had to take it slow--kind of hard for me to do, but a good kind of humbling. We pressed on with school but probably didn't get everything done that I had planned to do. Hopefully I'll be able to be back running next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment