Sunday, December 26, 2010

Boxing Day

All of Christmas Day, the weather-buzz had been about the appearance of snow--which hadn't happened in NC since 1947. When we finally rolled into bed at 11:00 p.m., it was still raining and I told Kevin that it just wouldn't happen.
At 4:00 a.m., the breadmaker was going (making bread for the morning) and I woke up to hear it. I sneaked out of bed and couldn't believe my eyes as I beheld the winter wonderland outside. I went back to bed, knowing that services would be canceled for the morning.
Lydia took lots of photos to show the extent of the snowfall. We ended up with a good 7 inches.
Kevin thinks our house looks so pretty in the snow, so he always wants to get a good picture of it. I think that the cryptomeria tree on the left looks like a natural Christmas tree!
Thankfully, my parents and Aunty Chris had spent the night. That was partly because my dad was scheduled to preach at Shiloh OPC (our church) in the morning. Well, we didn't have services, but we did at our house! We were able to sing carols and listen to an outline of the sermon that he was planning to preach. We'll hear it again (in full) next week as he's coming back to fill the pulpit.
Here's Aunty Chris.
Kevin's present from me was an ice cream maker. So after they played in the snow, I whipped up a batch of homemade chocolate ice cream. It is so delicious, but when I was pouring out of the 3rd box of heavy whipping cream, my conscience started screaming at me! Thankfully, the machine can also make sherberts and sorbets. But if you plan to visit our home, give me a call first and I'll make sure to have some ingredients on hand for a cool treat ;0)

1 comment:

  1. Love the snow pictures! Your house definitely looks gorgeous. I doubt you get to see it like that too often down where you live! Happy New Year, Joyners!

    ReplyDelete