Monday, March 7, 2011

Happy St. David's Day

March 1st is St. David's Day. He's the patron saint of Wales, and true to my prediction, my parents appeared last Tuesday adorned in daffodils and leeks. I, unfortunately, was sick in bed (for 2 days) with strep throat and had to miss out on the history lesson. My parents brought a traditional Welsh costume and the children had fun dressing up and being patriotic to their historical roots.


Later in the day my mom conducted a science/home ec. experiment of making butter. The children were each given some heavy whipping cream in a baby jar along with a marble. They then shook the sealed jar for approximately 15 minutes until the cream turned into butter. They strained off the liquid, added a little salt and then enjoyed a tasty treat on some crackers.
Do I need to tell that I'm thankful for my mom and dad?

1 comment:

  1. Such creative teaching; I love it! I wish your parents could come over and do a lesson for us!

    By the way, I responded to your comment about SeaWorld on my blog if you didn't already see it. So excited for you guys and can't wait to see your pictures!

    ReplyDelete