Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Our little beans are growing


Oh, not those kind of beans, I meant the kid kind ;0) Well, while we've got them up here, yes, this was our attempt at time-lapse photography to see the development of bean seeds. It got a little gross and alien-looking, so I planted them. Our square foot garden is ramping up again. I'm waiting until the first week of April to get in the summer veggies (hopefully after our fear of final frosts).
How does homeschooling look in a family of elementary/pre-school age children? This has taken me a long time to adjust to. Both my husband and I had traditional schooling experiences and it has taken me many years to be comfortable with the fact that our house is not a classroom of 33 children. And it never will be. But that doesn't mean that learning can't be happening just because the environment is different. So, I thought I'd take a few snapshots of what can be happening on any given morning at our homeschool.
Philip might be found practicing roller-blading on any carpeted surface.
Simeon is fishing for sharks with a pretzel dipped in peanut butter at the kitchen table. Boys seem to be always ready for a snack.
Lydia is practicing the piano.
Abigail is working away at penmanship--and maybe chewing gum at the same time ;0) She was probably just marking off a day on her calendar counting down the days to our trip to Florida!
Oh yeah, and there's mom's work--getting some laundry done and waiting for the ironing to do itself!

And there she is, the old lady herself--who actually never made it out of my morning walking clothes for the entire day! But at least I took a shower before I made it to bed. Better late than never.

No comments:

Post a Comment