Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Annie's Bridal Shower

Last Saturday a very dear young lady (who I have known since she was a wee lass of 11) was showered with blessings at a lovely event in her honor. It was also a big day for us as it was our girls' first time attending a shower. Believe it or not, I think they were nervous. It was a delightful time to be hidden away on the 3rd floor of an historic building in a quaint downtown. We could see the skies open and the rain slash the windows, but the chattering and laughing drowned whatever thunder rolls attempted to intrude on our time. Here are some photos (taken by Lydia!)Annie and her fiance are musical (specifically she's a violinist and he's...hmm lots and lots of other instruments). I thought these were lovely themed figurines!
The shortbread was our contribution. I was taking some pride in them, only to be humbled by my daughter who told me that overnight they had become soft and tasted stale!
Here's a bevy of gifting!
A fun shot which Lydia captured of the decor and beverages. Everything was just lovely.
One very excited and cheerful bride-to-be! We can't wait for the wedding on New Year's Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment