Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Simeon's 3rd Birthday

Simeon turned 3 in mid-August. He managed to get under the wire on potty training at 2 (like, um, the week before he turned 3!) I waited by far the longest with him to potty train (after trying unsuccessfully in June) and I have to say, I really liked it! He had zero accidents, and in fact was very over-zealous in getting himself to the potty (even if he didn't have to go). He still wore diapers for naps and bedtime, but I cut out the naptime diapers and he transitioned well. Then I noticed that he is dry all night as well in a diaper, so tonight I'm cutting that out as well! He is a very verbal little fellow; loves to blow and whistle and direct his siblings; loves to call them "children" (e.g.: "Children, put down your spoons. I am going to pray for our breakfast...[sigh] 'Pray Thather, thank you for this great day, and for mommy and daddy's car breaking down...and...for this food. Jesus' name. Amen.'") Philip corrected him because a) the day hadn't started and b) we weren't thankful that the car broke down. [see later posts on that one.]
Anyway, enough of the posterity-post. His birthday: he celebrated twice. First, on the actual day we went to my parents and he had his very own chocolate cake complete with chocolate buttons. He enjoyed the day. We went to a local produce/small animal farm in the sweating heat. My camera died (although I later revived it), so I have very few photos.
My mother, the original recycler, gave him a card which had been given to my dad. When you blow out the blinking lights on the cake, it plays a jazzed up version of Happy Birthday (to which my dad said, "What song is that????") Anyhoo...
Here he is blowing out his candles. He had a fun day. Later we celebrated with Kevin's dad (birthday 3 days later) at another party and Simeon was more than willing to blow out more candles and eat more cake!

1 comment:

  1. I love how he calls them "children!" I'd love to hear his little voice. :)

    ReplyDelete