Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Wrightsville Beach

We made it down to the beach for a daytrip, the Saturday before Labor Day. I posted some of these pictures on facebook because well, it was quite an unusual trip. We managed to get everyone in the car by 6:50 a.m. (okay, they slept in their bathing suits) and on the road just before 7 a.m. We got a great parking spot at the beach a few minutes after 9 a.m. and the beach looked pretty much like this.
I was down at the water with the children when Simeon came back up to our tent and to see Kevin. This is the scene:
"Who's that guy??" I asked Kevin. "Shhh, he's sleeping," was his reply. I was confused but Kevin indicated it was fine--the guy just wanted to rest in the shade.
He was there for 3 hours!!! He only moved to get further UNDER our tent as the sun got hotter on his face. His friends appeared after lunchtime and sort of kicked him awake. He got up without so much as a thank you! I think he was pretty blitzed.
I thought for sure the kids would crash on the way home. They didn't. So, we ended up getting some milkshake-type things to complete a day at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment