Thursday, June 6, 2013

Royal Mail


When I was 4 years old, I drew a picture for the Queen of England.  After all, I lived there and she had just become a grandmother for the first time.  She loved my letter and wrote me back to tell me so.  Okay, so her lady-in-waiting wrote me back and told me how much the Queen loved my letter.

Well, because my oldest son is taught largely by his grandmother, she suggested that he ought to do the same thing as a six year old, and write to the Queen.  After all, he lives in America and she's close to having great-grandchildren.  Makes sense, right?!  Anyway, she made him write a long letter to the Queen and here's the envelope.



Well, the Queen is still interested in receiving fan mail and at the end of May, guess what Philip received?!  Yes, a letter from the Queen.  And, if you can believe it, she said very similar things in his letter as she had said in mine 36 years ago.  Well, her lady-in-waiting said them, again.  And this time she sent some nice pamphlets which greatly impressed this little boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment