Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Comings and Goings

We are on a break from school and have filled our days with visits from friends and family. Here are some photos from our days.We went back to Yates Mill Pond with our friend, Carolyn, who was visiting from England. Lydia took the camera and captured some nice shots of the location. We had a nice time with her.
My nephew's baseball team won the Championship game (he has now been on 2 championship teams!). This cake was served in honor of his being a good sportsman during the season; he played the championship game the following night.
My crazy brother, Owen, came for a fleeting visit. He is such a hoot; I wish we lived closer. Anyway, he drove with my parents up to Lancaster, PA for a conference. My dad was preaching a Reformation weekend conference with Dr. Sinclair Ferguson. They had a wonderful time, and I wish we could've all been there.
My sister-in-law, Emily, and her son, Calvin has been here for several days. She is over here on the "mainland" (as opposed to their Hawaiian island home) for a few weeks and will spend almost 2 months here during my brother's deployment to Afghanistan. We went to Early Voting on October 29th and while I was in line Emily and all the children took bats, balls and tee down to the ball field adjacent to the polling station. Calvin has had a lot of first since being at my house--some which might have corrupted him for life: first hotdog, first game of baseball, first piece of gum, etc.!
October 30th I ran my first 5K. It was chilly and hilly! I'm glad I was able to finish it, as I thought I was going to lose it on some of the hills. I finished at 31:20 for my time. I am a slow, but steady runner. Slow and steady doesn't win the race, but it does finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment