Monday, November 29, 2010

Symphony

Kevin had some free tickets for us to go to the Symphony on Saturday afternoon. We chanced it and took all four children to hear "holiday favorites" sung by some Broadway crooners and the Concert Singers of Cary, accompanied by the NC Symphony.
The hall looked very festive, and as you can see, it was mostly a white-haired audience. We had quite a time getting out and not tripping over all the walkers and wheelchairs. But hey, it was free!
The kids were a little awed by the whole thing and Simeon was very content to sit on my lap (and eat a secret bag of nuts, raisins and m&ms) and snuggle. He's getting so big, I'm happy for times when he just wants me to hold him and make him feel safe.
I can't say that I left in a terribly "festive" spirit as the musical selections were rather eclectic. But I'm thankful that no matter how emotionally flat I feel, the reality of the truth of the incarnation remains unchanged. I read in a book recently that we are not justified by the incarnation, we are justified because Christ took upon his own body the wrath that we deserve, and we can now be declared righteous, because of His perfect righteousness. I needed that reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment